- We no longer provide food parcels. Our fresh food distribution service was halted by the Covid-19 pandemic, as we did not have the space or capacity to adapt to a safe, socially distanced operation
- We no longer provide supermarket vouchers, since Covid emergency funding has been spent
- We currently have 'pay-it-forward' vouchers for Govan Pantry and the Courtyard Pantry
PANTRY VOUCHER SCHEME
Govan Community Project provides referral 'vouchers' for asylum seekers so that they can access their local Pantry for free. Referrals are available for people in the asylum process, who are destitute and/or have NRPF.
Please note that we are not yet able to refer to all Pantries in Glasgow at this time.
What is a 'Pantry'?
- A Pantry is a community shop that runs on a membership model, and relies on food surplus similar to a foodbank
- Unlike a foodbank, Pantries stock everything from fresh fruit and vegetables, dry and tinned food, chilled and frozen food, toiletries, nappies and cleaning supplies. But because the pantries run on food surplus, availability of these things will change every week
- Items aren't priced, instead you can choose items from different colour-coded categories
- For £2.50 you can get 10 items which will be worth between £10-£15. A family can get 20 items for £5
- There are many pantries in Glasgow. Some belong to the Scottish Pantry Network and some are independent
- With a referral from GCP, you can shop at certain pantries in Glasgow for free for a month
REFERRALS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR:
HOW TO GET A REFERRAL
- Contact the GCP helpline for free, within the opening hours
- Our Casework Team will need to register you on our system to make a referral
- You will receive a referral 'voucher' by SMS or WhatsApp by 1pm on Monday
- A referral from GCP allows you to shop at the Govan Pantry for free for a month, starting the week you receive the referral message
- You can request another referral by calling our helpline or sending a message to the GCP Food Projects WhatsApp
EMERGENCY DESTITUTION VOUCHERS
We provide emergency food vouchers for people who become destitute when their Home Office support has been stopped, or are otherwise experiencing an emergency or crisis.
Eligibility for this support is assessed by our Advice and Advocacy casework team. To get in touch, please call our free helpline. If you are contacting on behalf of a client, you can send referral details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is funded by ad hoc donations. To support this project, please donate here.